Film Acting Course
HANDS-ON runs a one-year course with two-hours classes every week on Thursday evening. The continuity and full commitment from the student are crucial.
Studying process may require your additional time and input during your free time for out-of-class assignments, rehearsals or shootings.
Below you may find the program of Semester 1.
WHAT ARE HANDS-ON FILM ACTING CLASSES?
Cory Jackson is an actor and practicing drama teacher from Australia. In Vietnam he is known for Gang Tay Do (2016), Cô Haû Gaí (2016) and Come Over Tonight (2016) films.
PRACTICAL HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
We teach film acting, that is to perform in front of the camera, which means to consider how you look on a screen, not on a theatrical stage. The students will act in front of camera from Day 1, learning how to deliver their acting skills best for camera and sound.
The shot exercises are reviewed together with the mentor and the group to discuss and improve.
The curriculum also includes plenty of practical experience in improvisation that will help to overcome natural shyness and inner barriers.
Some of the classes will include shooting of short films or sequences – entirely created, scripted, played, shot and edited by students. They surely can put their name on it and use this material for their own reels. Filming equipment is provided by HANDS-ON.
HANDS-ON provides assistance in preparation of snapshot portfolio and connects to leading casting agencies in Vietnam (*with no commitment to hire).
We share all shot materials to our students for further usage in their portfolios.
QUARTER ONE OVERVIEW
The first quarter will focus on fundamentals of acting that will be rooted in theater, however, relevant for film acting. We will train your inner actor to do all the emotional, physical and educational work to be ready for screen. Training in the first semester will be mostly focused on a live performance.
- Fundamentals of film acting.
- Classical scene techniques and practical exercises.
- Learning to analyze script from actor’s perspective.
- Learning and practice of vocal techniques.
- Silent, monologue, dialogue and polylogue performances.
- Shot in-class scenes for analysis and discussion.
QUARTER TWO OVERVIEW
In the second quarter the students further apply what they’ve learnt to on-camera exercises and film shoots. They continue to refine their acting and vocal skills. Now they are offered a variety of exercises to practice different acting techniques that will help them in different aspects of filmmaking, including commercial acting.
- Training of principles of screen acting.
- Learning variety of scenes for screen acting.
- Training in vocal and movement.
- Training in crew for short film production to understand roles and requirements.
- Feature in short film, created by students group.
- Filmed improvisation.
- Filmed semester-end presentation.
- Meisner technique filmed demonstration.
Launch of First Semester: June 07, 2018
End of First Semester: November 29, 2018
Throughout the Course you will be expected to:
- Respond to professional teaching and be engaged appropriately and imaginatively;
- Accept tasks you may first find challenging or too difficult for yourself;
- Be friendly, supportive and work fluently with other members of the group;
- Respect diversities and opinions;
- Demonstrate a capacity or experience of reading plays or scripts, or basic understanding of acting in films or television drama.
With the commitment to join a six-months Course the Admission Fee for each Student is VND 5 mil per month with VND 30 mil in total.
The Fee includes:
- 2-hours indoor/outdoor training session every Thursday at 7 pm to 9 pm from June 7 to November 29, 2018;
- Feature in short film created by Students;
- Filmed improvisation;
- Filmed semester-end presentation;
- Personal reel for recruitment application purposes.
Apply now to reserve your seat at: [email protected]